Sunday, January 24, 2010

Loneliness


You spoke to me of loneliness
of how your life was empty and unsatisfying.
You expressed your anguish and pain
that you had no lover, no prospects.

I spoke of my loneliness, emptiness
of my anguish and pain
that I had a lover
but it didn't cure what I felt inside

Then I spoke to another who shared the same feelings and pains
the loneliness deep inside that no one could fill
and strangely we were not as alone as we thought.

We are comrades, sharing a common plight
that darkness inside is fed by our anguish
As long as we stay in this belief, the longer and deeper it becomes.

It is raining outside
the damp and darkness is feeding my melancholy
but I know tomorrow is another day and the sun...
she will come out as she always does and clean my soul
of it's despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment