Thursday, January 21, 2010

Experience is a brutal teacher but oh my God, do you learn. C.S Lewis


This is my first blog and anyone coming on it will see I'm a writer. Poetry is my thing to be exact. Having been writing since my teens, it has become a living, breathing part of me.Without it,I think insanity would take it's place.
I have tried my hand on many occasions to write short stories and a novel at one time but I lack the discipline to follow through. I think it's just too long a process for me as I am far to impatient. I need immediate gratification and many of my friends and family can attest to that.

Much of the poetry I write deals with darkness and love. I am a Pisces after all and live for the happily ever after but like most people born under this sign, Love is a sharp blade and draws blood. My blood has been drawn many times and I continue to walk into the sword, time after time looking for ....what?? Aaaah...what we all look for! Open hearts, no judgements,peace and to feel enveloped and safe within someone Else's arms. Now I know what you are thinking, shouldn't you feel those things in yourself? Shouldn't self love be the most important love? We should be searching for our own fulfillment? Yada..yada...
Have you not met a Pisces before??

We love love. We live and breath love. Search for it, learn from its thorns and still pick ourselves up and do it again and again and again. There is no stopping the quest. You can analyse and dissect it and tell me the realities of the situation but in my head, in Pauineland, you will never take the light from me. I will always be optimistic even when I have been cut open and bleeding on the ground. A little dramatic? Fuck ya! I believe! I believe with my whole heart that true love is obtainable, that you shouldn't stop.

As human beings we need love from each other to learn, grow and breath and not do it alone like others would have you believe. Our purpose in this world, is to accept love from one another and embrace it. The most simplest thing to do and the most difficult.
Self love only comes with giving to someone else unselfishly. That can be a lover, a friend, a child etc...but we learn the most from our soul mate, our kindred because they have been with us many times before and the learning continues in each life until....I'm not sure what happens then but I think bliss is involved!

I feel in my heart and soul that all I've said to be true. So the pursuit of happiness and love should not be dismissed. I could be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment