Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ghosts of Abuse



Yelling. screaming, hitting....
child with a full bag of black, putrid words
Not good enough, stupid, do it my way, control

Carried what I learned to my lovers, my partners...
Do it my way, your way is not good..
What are you doing?
I am more a question, attitude, make faces abuser.
Arrogant when I speak, tone implies your stupid..
Like a silencer on a gun....a slow serpent with a deadly tongue.

When I erupt in my red hot anger....then I am my mother's daughter..
My father's punching bag...and I pull out all I have learned, all the anger...
the words of hate, pain....
Don't even see what I am doing wrong...
it's normal to me until....
My lover...says...you make me feel bad about myself...
I can never do anything right....
Can you not be supportive instead of tearing me apart?

I hate what I am, what my parents have produced and I know...
I am the only one who can change.....
I can continue and stay alone or
stay in the moment...stay in love.....kill the demon, the serpent within...
Let the ghosts of abuse evaporate
Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment