Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ice Cream

I was texting a friend this morning who was envious of us because she missed living with a partner. I spoke of the challenges Trish and I faced and how we were oil and water but ice cream in the middle. My friend laughed and liked the reference.

That metaphor is perfect to describe how we are with each other and how we interact.
Sometimes its like nails scratching down a chalkboard and at other times it is pure silk brushing against your skin.

I accept this dynamic. It is what it is. What worries me, is that now that we live together, I believe she believes domestic life will kill our passion and our romance. I agree that for over a month ( the move took precedence)and there hasn't been much of either. What romance and passion that has transpired, I initiated.

I think, if I cant change her mind about domestic life just being an extension of our love for each other and not a death trap...it will be the end of us. Why is it up to me? To be honest....she does not take the lead very often when it comes to romance. Part of that is my fault due to some major fumbles in the past but mostly, she is not an outy...she is an inny. Everything for Trish is internal. All emotion, every thought is written and not exposed to the outside world. Its what makes her an amazing writer. She even texts when shes angry and upset instead of confronting the issue. She is who she is and I love her but these challenges do cause frustration and many times I feel like I'm on the outside of her...unable to reach that soft ice cream of her heart.

I do have to find a way though. I will not lose her to some idea she has in her head about what domestic life is. It should be a place of balance and love and of course passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment