Saturday, February 13, 2016

weight of Depression

When was the last time I saw beauty around me?
When I wasn't so punishing to myself...or shut off from the world?

I fear I am my mothers daughter.
I wallow in fear and have lost my sense of adventure.

It's brutal trying to motivate myself to engage with the world.
It's one small step at a time...


Cramped inside this mortal shell,
dark and warm and safe...
I keep the world out....my friends at a distance...
always discussing, negotiating in my head, day after day....what I will do next.
Tomorrow will be a better day....tomorrow...I will wipe the slate clean...
Tomorrow I start over from scratch...all good intentions ...
Be kinder to myself...don't stuff food in those empty places...find my happy..
and every day I feel I have failed....every day...is just as hard as the last.

I sometimes wonder how much longer will I continue this?

When will I finally say its enough!?

Hamster in a wheel....every day I say tomorrow is a new day...I can create the change I seek.

Everyday....I fail.

No one sees this daily struggle. Would anyone truly miss me if I choose to leave?

Would I have left an impression on this world...on the people around me?

Did I make any fucking difference?




1 comment: