Friday, January 7, 2011

It May be Time


Pressing my face against the window,
mist from my breath fogs the glass.
A tear falls down my cheek,
as I trace a heart with your name in it.


I am a child again, lost and confused,
why am alone, why is my heart broken?
I don't want us to hurt each other anymore...
You haven't spoken to me....silent.


Posted a sign the other day,
I know I am difficult, aren't we all?
It's either all of me, or none of me.


The wall of history has divided us,
neither forgotten or forgiven.
No words between us can heal the wounds.


No matter how I love or cherish you,
you only see what I am not.
It may be time to say goodbye.

The ghosts of the past haunts.....
like circling vultures,
waiting for another opportunity to attack,
To destroy what is left.

I can't deny what I have contributed and
I cannot be any other person than who I am.
I am defined by my experiences...by my life...
as you are.

I touch the glass with my breath on it,
cool to the touch...
Drawing a line to the future...
The unknown....
It may be time to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment