Monday, November 15, 2010

What If


Your eyes sparkled the first time we meet
your chatter made me smile
when I first kissed you....I knew you
and when we made love, you fit me.

I knew you felt what I felt but
the reality swept in every time you had to leave
Even with Venezuela on the window and Michell
playing as the backdrop to our
love affair,
the pain cut deep


What if there was no where to rush too?
You never left me for him
What if you stayed in my bed after love making?
Your naked body next to mine...permanent.
What if you didn't have to wipe me away?
You never had to hide our sex
What if you stay with me...your choice?
Your lips on my lips.
What if you were free?

The knowledge that there could have been
a paralleled life to this one..
Another possible out come.....
it's maddening to think....

the poison is in the blood
the wounds have not healed
there was no chance for a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment