Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Words Fail...

I have had writers block since you wrote me.
How can I write when the words fail me?
Can't seem to express...anything.
I go through my days as if I am looking through a one way mirror,
Lost in thought....lost in memories and some bitterness.

It didn't have to be this way. I could have said something different.
Could have said so may things but in the end....
I just didn't.
What was the point?

I knew it was over, even when my lips touched yours
and my hands moved over familiar passions....
Familiar feelings....
Familiar love.

I wept as I watched you leave because in my heart, I sensed it was the last time...
My heart ached for days later because I didn't say what I so desperately wanted to say.

Now I can write because the words don't fail me anymore.

At first I wanted to tear you down,
I wanted to hurt you so badly for how I felt...
but to what end?

It has taken me a week to write this poem and even now....
I don't know what to say that will make me feel...
closure...release..?

I have not found peace from this.







No comments:

Post a Comment