Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Just for her.

I am stronger now.
With a smile of irony on my lips,
I am now plagued by pain in my limbs as my heart becomes lighter.
Is this penance for a life filled with selfishness and indulgence?
Can not let thoughts of darkness cloud my light.
Nor allow regret poison my new found freedom.

I still read her though. Can't help myself. Such a glorious writer.
I wish she wrote more.
There is a spot in my heart that is evil. That is smug and happy that she is not.
We tortured each other with our prose. Still do I think.

It will never be over. Such a confusing flow of energy. An invisible cord
attached to us forever. There is no romance in that.

She never believed to this day, that I wanted her, that I loved her with all that I am.
Even in the dysfunction of our relationship, my blood pumped loudly for her.

My memory....my regret....every day there is a moment just for her.

1 comment:

  1. It will never be over. Such a confusing flow of energy. An invisible cord
    attached to us forever. There is no romance in that... I don't think I ever fully appreciated those lines. But I do now. And I have to disagree with that last one. There is romance in this...it's just tragic. Like Romeo and Juliette tragic...sigh. My memory...my regret. Truer words.

    ReplyDelete